Letters of Loan are a conditional Bank guarantee given to exporters for goods and services at a set rate and period in the form of a document of advance under conditions of the presentation of goods or services on order from the importing firm.
To raise the acceptable level of risk for payments made for importers and exporters entering into payment guarantees with suitable documents from Opening Bank and if applicable also Confirming Bank.
Who Can Benefit From This Product?
All our customers who carry out import and export activities.
Decided freely between the customer and our Bank.
- The Seller and Buyer can benefit from financing opportunities.
- Protects both the importer and the exporter; while the exporter can be certain of payment for the goods provided according to the terms of the letter of loan, the importer knows that payment will not be made by the Bank without documents showing that the appropriate goods have been sent meeting the conditions of the letter of loan.
- Both sides have the payment assurance of a Bank (confirmed letters of loan have the additional security of a second bank’s assurance).
- Commercial risks for the buyer and seller and political risks in the buyer’s country are reduced to their lowest levels by this assurance.
- The sides find new market opportunities.
Which Documents Are Needed?
You can apply with the standard documents requested for trade financing applications.
How Can I Apply?
You can apply at your nearest Ziraat Participation Bank Branch.